Our Reformed Heritage
by Bob Burridge ©2014
When challenges have faced God’s people and his church
valuable leaders and teachers were raised up as guides and teachers.
Their writings clarify important biblical truths still important for us today.
1. The Obvious God – God is there to be seen. Fallen hearts fail to see the evidence for what it is. We need to know God’s way of presenting God’s truth to the lost world. God used Dr. Cornelius Van Til to reform our approach back to a more biblical standard.
Watch the Video.
2. Triumphantly Intolerant – We are assured victory when we properly and bravely battle with unbelief. Though evil has its place in God’s plan, it is not to stand unopposed. One who stood out in the battle against Modernism and compromise was Dr. John Gresham Machen.
3. Practical Holiness – What does it really mean to be Holy? and what is the practical side of it? We are called to be holy as the Lord our God is holy (Leviticus 19:2, Hebrews 12:14). A very helpful and classic work on “Holiness” was written by J. C. Ryle.
4. A Renewed Promise and Hope – We need to understand God’s Covenant as it unfolds in Scripture. God’s relationship from Eden to the final Day of Judgment is covenantal. Geerhardus Vos is sometimes called the Father of Biblical Theology
5. The Inspiration of the Treasured Word of God – God’s infallible written word is a treasure to cherish. Reference to the historic defense of the Bible by Benjamin Palmer and B. B. Warfield.
These 5 studies are based upon an Adult Sunday School class
presented at Christ the King PCA church in Seminole, Florida.